Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default save worksheet as another file, but have all defined names copied

i made this workbook, which has all the data in different worksheets, at the
same time, this is where i made the worksheet for all other works next time,
this happened to be somewhat like my template...

then what i did was i copied over the template worksheet into another
workbook (to make that my main template workbook), but then only the defined
names for that certain worksheet was copied over i think, so what i did was
that i manually copied all the other defined names into the template
worksheet of the template workbook.... but turns out that when the name
ranges in the original data workbook has changed, the ones in the template
workbook remain the same... how do i make them update or change with the data
workbook?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Even when one workbook is created from another, there is no psychic
relationship between them. And there is no feature in Excel that has one
workbook monitor name changes in another. So you'd have to make the changes
yourself in the secondary file. If you're familiar with creating them, a
macro could make that a lot easier. That said, I have to question your
overall design that requires this exercise, but then I don't know what
you're doing.

--
Jim