Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Decimal dot to Decimal Comma

The thousand separator (comma ,) & decimal (dot.) is used as default numeric
format in our region (Asia). I need to send the Excel File to my Director in
Germany who use thousand separator (dot) & decimal (comma). The excel file
has nearly 100 thousand cells numeric data based on which a Management
dashboard is created. Because of change in the practice in the region, the
dashboard returns value error.

I want to provide a macro to my director, who will effortlessly run the
macro which will change the cells to the Europe regional format and display
the dashboard results correctly.

Any help please
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ananth,

That should be automatically catered for by Excel.

Can you give more details on the problem, the data and how it manifests?

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Ananth" wrote in message
The thousand separator (comma ,) & decimal (dot.) is used as default
numeric
format in our region (Asia). I need to send the Excel File to my Director
in
Germany who use thousand separator (dot) & decimal (comma). The excel
file
has nearly 100 thousand cells numeric data based on which a Management
dashboard is created. Because of change in the practice in the region, the
dashboard returns value error.

I want to provide a macro to my director, who will effortlessly run the
macro which will change the cells to the Europe regional format and
display
the dashboard results correctly.

Any help please

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The file when opened in germany assumes the dot in the numeric as Text data &
intrepts so. The dashboard which is the summary sheet returns value error,
as the summation of the text cells is not possible.