Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default leap year

I am trying to subtract the number that I input for March 1st from the last
day of February. I can figure out how to do it on a normal year, but can't
figure out the formula for leap year. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Need more info.

Show us the formula you use for a normal year and maybe we can figure it out
from that.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"p-nut" wrote in message
I am trying to subtract the number that I input for March 1st from the last
day of February. I can figure out how to do it on a normal year, but
can't
figure out the formula for leap year. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well, that's not going to be enough!

How does a leap year correlate to B47 and B48?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"p-nut" wrote in message
=IF(ISNUMBER(B48),SUM(B48-B47),"")

"p-nut" wrote in message
I am trying to subtract the number that I input for March 1st from the
last
day of February. I can figure out how to do it on a normal year, but
can't
figure out the formula for leap year. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

For example, I am doing a worksheet that has the days of the month in it.
Sorry I gave you the wrong numbers. Line B86 is the first day of March and
has a number of 60941.6 in it. B74 is the 28th of February and its number is
60918.7. Which gives me my C86 number of 22.9. How can I make it to where I
can go on my 2008 worksheet so that I subtract line B86 from line B75 instead
of B74. Is there a way or do I just go and manually change the formula for
2008 and then change it back in 2009? Is there a IF(ISNUMBER) statement that
I can add to the original formula or not?

"T. Valko" wrote:

Well, that's not going to be enough!

How does a leap year correlate to B47 and B48?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"p-nut" wrote in message
=IF(ISNUMBER(B48),SUM(B48-B47),"")

"p-nut" wrote in message
I am trying to subtract the number that I input for March 1st from the
last
day of February. I can figure out how to do it on a normal year, but
can't
figure out the formula for leap year. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It sounds like column B contains the values and I'm guessing that column A
contains the date?

So that means:

A86 = 3/1/2008
A74 or A75 = 2/29/2008

If so, this will find the last date in Feb (28th or 29th depending on the
*current* year):

=B86-VLOOKUP(DATE(YEAR(NOW()),3,0),A:B,2,0)

I'm assuming that there will only be one instance of Feb 28,29 of the
current year.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"T. Valko" wrote:

Well, that's not going to be enough!

How does a leap year correlate to B47 and B48?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"p-nut" wrote in message