Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Making a report in excel 2003

I am in sales and see many different clients everyday. I use excel to colate
data about clients for among other things to keep track of who has paid and
who hasn't.
I need to collect this information and make a master report that I can
quickly view as needed.
Any suggestions as to a script to be able to do this would be most
appreciated.
Thanking you in advance
John D
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

John
Your question is wide open. There is no way to answer your question.
Post back and describe what your data looks like (layout, columns, rows,
sheets, etc). Then describe what you want to get out of all this. Again,
the layout, columns, rows, sheets, etc. HTH Otto
"John Diacono" wrote in message
I am in sales and see many different clients everyday. I use excel to
colate
data about clients for among other things to keep track of who has paid
and
who hasn't.
I need to collect this information and make a master report that I can
quickly view as needed.
Any suggestions as to a script to be able to do this would be most
appreciated.
Thanking you in advance
John D

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Depending upon your worksheet layout, you could probably use
DataFilterAutofilter to pull data.

Then build your report on that or copy to another sheet and build your report
there.

Many ways to do the job but not enough info to give a "best" solution.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 14:06:11 -0800, John Diacono
wrote:

I am in sales and see many different clients everyday. I use excel to colate
data about clients for among other things to keep track of who has paid and
who hasn't.
I need to collect this information and make a master report that I can
quickly view as needed.
Any suggestions as to a script to be able to do this would be most
appreciated.
Thanking you in advance
John D

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Gord
In answer to your question what I have at present is the following:
worksheetShopping Centre
Column A B C
Client Name Price Paid
Date of sign up
Joe Bloggs $150 Y
25/6/07

Of course there are many worksheets with lots of clients and lots of other
information and some have paid and some haven't
What I would like to do is to create a summary report that will let me know
at a glance what is happening

Regards
John D

wrote:

I am in sales and see many different clients everyday. I use excel to colate
data about clients for among other things to keep track of who has paid and
who hasn't.
I need to collect this information and make a master report that I can
quickly view as needed.
Any suggestions as to a script to be able to do this would be most
appreciated.
Thanking you in advance
John D

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

John
What is missing is what you want to see in the final product, the
summary report. Post back and provide some detail (layout) about what you
want in this summary report. HTH Otto
"John Diacono" wrote in message
Thanks Gord
In answer to your question what I have at present is the following:
worksheetShopping Centre
Column A B C
Client Name Price Paid
Date of sign up

wrote:

I am in sales and see many different clients everyday. I use excel to
colate
data about clients for among other things to keep track of who has paid
and
who hasn't.
I need to collect this information and make a master report that I can
quickly view as needed.
Any suggestions as to a script to be able to do this would be most
appreciated.
Thanking you in advance
John D

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Otto,

In the final report I would like to see the following:

Shopping Centre/Business Name/Amount Owing/Date Signed Up

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

John
What is missing is what you want to see in the final product, the
summary report. Post back and provide some detail (layout) about what you
want in this summary report. HTH Otto
"John Diacono" wrote in message
Thanks Gord
In answer to your question what I have at present is the following:
worksheetShopping Centre
Column A B C
Client Name Price Paid
Date of sign up

wrote:

I am in sales and see many different clients everyday. I use excel to
colate
data about clients for among other things to keep track of who has paid
and
who hasn't.
I need to collect this information and make a master report that I can
quickly view as needed.
Any suggestions as to a script to be able to do this would be most
appreciated.
Thanking you in advance
John D

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

John
The posting got your data pretty well scrambled. What you want is
pretty easy to do if I could figure out what you have and what you want. If
you wish, send me an email and attach a sample of your file. You said that
you have many sheets. Include a few of those. Is the shopping center, in
each sheet, the name of the sheet?
Also include another sheet and place what you want (a sample of it) in that
sheet in the layout you want. If you feel your data is proprietary, just
make up some data. Include enough of what you have and what you want to let
me see the pattern that you have and want. My email address is
. Remove the "nop" from this address. HTH Otto

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

John
What is missing is what you want to see in the final product, the
summary report. Post back and provide some detail (layout) about what
you
want in this summary report. HTH Otto
"John Diacono" wrote in message
Thanks Gord
In answer to your question what I have at present is the following:
worksheetShopping Centre
Column A B C
Client Name Price Paid
Date of sign up