Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sound on Excel

I'd like to use Excel as a music score writer (using non standard notation).
Can I also have sounds to give an indication of whether or not I've input the
right note?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here is some code that will allow you to play a beep sound at different
frequencies for different durations... Place this code in a standard code
module and run BeepTest for a demonstartion...

Private Declare Function Beep Lib "kernel32" (ByVal dwFreq As Long, _
ByVal dwDuration As Long) As Long

Sub BeepTest()
Beep 500, 200
Beep 1000, 100
Beep 2000, 50

HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"girgor" wrote:

I'd like to use Excel as a music score writer (using non standard notation).
Can I also have sounds to give an indication of whether or not I've input the
right note?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bau bau is offline

Hi Jim,
When I tried it, the system is looking for "kernel32" and failed. Where is
this file located?
Thanks,

"girgor" wrote:

I'd like to use Excel as a music score writer (using non standard notation).
Can I also have sounds to give an indication of whether or not I've input the
right note?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bau bau is offline

Hi Jim,
I misspelled kermel32. It's working great now.
Thanks a bunch.
Bau

"girgor" wrote:

I'd like to use Excel as a music score writer (using non standard notation).
Can I also have sounds to give an indication of whether or not I've input the
right note?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for this, Jim. Any chance of adjusting the volume - bit feint
on my machine.

Pete

"girgor" wrote:
I'd like to use Excel as a music score writer (using non standard notation).
Can I also have sounds to give an indication of whether or not I've input the
right note?- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bau bau is offline

Jim,
Thanks for your help.

All,
How can we out put all sound together at the same time?
1 example is playing a triad.
Thanks,
Bau