Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Printing problems after Quattro conversion

At my company, we are in the process of converting a series of Quattro Pro 9
spreadsheets into Excel 2003. The conversions are reasonably successful, but
we are having one problem. The converted Excel spreadsheets want to print
numerous blank pages even if there is only a small table on one sheet. We
can't see what it is that Excel is printing. For a single page worksheet, it
will sometimes print the data and then 30 blank pages. This is happening for
many converted files, with different users on different computers.

Anyone else ever run into this? Is there a cure?

Libby
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The only cure I know of is to manually set the print area within Excel
for each sheet - i.e. highlight the area you want to print, click on
File | Print Area | Set Print Area. Bit tedious, but once it's done
then Excel will remember the print areas in future.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 9, 2:40*pm, Libby wrote:
At my company, we are in the process of converting a series of Quattro Pro 9
spreadsheets into Excel 2003. *The conversions are reasonably successful, but
we are having one problem. *The converted Excel spreadsheets want to print
numerous blank pages even if there is only a small table on one sheet. *We
can't see what it is that Excel is printing. *For a single page worksheet, it
will sometimes print the data and then 30 blank pages. *This is happening for
many converted files, with different users on different computers.

Anyone else ever run into this? *Is there a cure?

Libby

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlw dlw is offline

Another thing I've found that "cleans up" converted sheets, highlight
everything you want, copy, and paste it into a new sheet.

"Libby" wrote:

At my company, we are in the process of converting a series of Quattro Pro 9
spreadsheets into Excel 2003. The conversions are reasonably successful, but
we are having one problem. The converted Excel spreadsheets want to print
numerous blank pages even if there is only a small table on one sheet. We
can't see what it is that Excel is printing. For a single page worksheet, it
will sometimes print the data and then 30 blank pages. This is happening for
many converted files, with different users on different computers.

Anyone else ever run into this? Is there a cure?

Libby

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're welcome.

Pete

On Jan 9, 2:40 pm, Libby wrote:
At my company, we are in the process of converting a series of Quattro Pro 9
spreadsheets into Excel 2003. *The conversions are reasonably successful, but
we are having one problem. *The converted Excel spreadsheets want to print
numerous blank pages even if there is only a small table on one sheet. *We
can't see what it is that Excel is printing. *For a single page worksheet, it
will sometimes print the data and then 30 blank pages. *This is happening for
many converted files, with different users on different computers.

Anyone else ever run into this? *Is there a cure?

Libby- Hide quoted text -