Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default vlookup 2 criteria

I have a list (~1500 entries) that I need to match patients with their
specimen. The problem comes where a single patient will have multiple
entries. Then it only finds the first occurrence and not a subsequent sample.

Is there an if then statement or a way to use 2 columns for criteria in a
vlookup? I want to match a patient medical record number and a received date
tofind the result.

Here is an example of my data:
Name MRN Accession Rec Date Final Result
John Doe 12345 07-000-0001 1/1/2007 No Virus
John Doe 12345 07-020-0000 1/20/2007 RSV
Jane Doe 3456 07-000-0002 1/1/2007 No Virus

I have 2 lists like this, one for one procedure and another for another
procedure, and I have to match the information to determine specificity of
the tests. Any help is greatly appreciated!