Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mo Mo is offline

Default Is there a way to filter by format?

Is there a way to filter by format? For example, a spreadsheet that has
20,000 rows with some rows highlighted yellow and some rows are not
highlighted. How can I isolate the highlighted rows that are not consecutive
while saving time?

I'm currently using Excel 2003
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could insert a custom function to mark the highlighted rows, then
sort by that column. For example:

Public Function CellColor(X as excel.range)

Select case X.Interior.ColorIndex
Case 6
CellColor = "Yellow"
Case Else
CellColor = ""
End Select

End Function

If the last column of your data was E, enter this in F1 and fill down.
You might have to re-calculate (F9). Then just sort by column F.

HTH,
JP

On Jan 8, 2:20*pm, Mo wrote:
Is there a way to filter by format? For example, a spreadsheet that has
20,000 rows with some rows highlighted yellow and some rows are not
highlighted. How can I isolate the highlighted rows that are not consecutive
while saving time?

I'm currently using Excel 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
excel does not have this functionality built in. but quite a number of
people have wanted to do just that. so programmers have found ways to do it.
see this site...
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortbycolor.htm

Regards
FSt1