Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How Do U number a list of names, but there are empty rows in betw

I cannot remove empty rows in between names and the number of empty rows
varies from name to name, so how do I number them?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On a copy of your sheet, try selecting the sheet and then "Sort"

Paula wrote:

I cannot remove empty rows in between names and the number of empty rows
varies from name to name, so how do I number them?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Say your names are in Column A.

Insert a *new* Column A, and enter this formula in the *new* A2:

=IF(B2="","",MAX(A$1:A1)+1)

If B1 contains a name, enter 1 in A1,
If not, just copy the formula down as needed.

--

HTH,

RD

"Paula" wrote in message
I cannot remove empty rows in between names and the number of empty rows
varies from name to name, so how do I number them?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How Do U number a list of names, but there are empty rows in b

Thank you.