Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default hiding parts of a worksheet

Hi everyone,

I have seen worksheets on which:
- the column header row (A, B, ...) is not visible;
- the row numbers are not visible;
- individual cells are both not visible and not accessible - there is only
one big gray area.

How can this be accomplished? Easy question for all Excel cracks I suppose -
but I just don't know how to do it.

Thank you,

Cooz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Click ToolsOptionsView tab, uncheck "Row & Column headers"

If you select all cells (Ctrl-A) right-click and choose "Hide" you
will get the gray condition you are looking for.

HTH,
JP

On Jan 8, 6:55*am, Cooz wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have seen worksheets on which:
- the column header row (A, B, ...) is not visible;
- the row numbers are not visible;
- individual cells are both not visible and not accessible - there is only
one big gray area.

How can this be accomplished? Easy question for all Excel cracks I suppose -
but I just don't know how to do it.

Thank you,

Cooz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default hiding parts of a worksheet part 2

Thank you JP.

This is what I was looking for.

Strange though that the hide-functionality has different results, depending
on what you do:
Select column G and all columns to the right by clicking on G and pressing
Ctrl-Shift-Right Arrow. Right click and choose Hide. Works as expected.
Now select row 10 and all rows above this row by clicking on 10 and pressing
Ctrl-Shift-Up Arrow. Right click and choose Hide. The rows disappear.

I would like to have a "window" of cells surrounded on all four sides by
gray areas, say for example that the range B3:D7 is visible, and that the
rest of the worksheet is gray. Do you - or does anyone- know how to do this?

Other question: how do I turn a gray area back into "visible and accessible"
(other than pressing Ctrl-Z immediately after creating a gray area)?

Thank you,

Cooz

On Jan 8, 6:55 am, Cooz wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have seen worksheets on which:
- the column header row (A, B, ...) is not visible;
- the row numbers are not visible;
- individual cells are both not visible and not accessible - there is only
one big gray area.

How can this be accomplished? Easy question for all Excel cracks I suppose -
but I just don't know how to do it.

Thank you,

Cooz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I use this method, grey ageys surrounding data. You just simply fill the
cells grey. so for example, you select rows A and B and fill the cells grey
etc, just leaving the data area you want.

Thanks

On Jan 8, 6:55 am, Cooz wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have seen worksheets on which:
- the column header row (A, B, ...) is not visible;
- the row numbers are not visible;
- individual cells are both not visible and not accessible - there is only
one big gray area.

How can this be accomplished? Easy question for all Excel cracks I suppose -
but I just don't know how to do it.

Thank you,

Cooz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Glad to help. I don't know how to make that window you are looking
for, it looks like Excel hides rows & columns differently depending on
what you are trying to do.

Depending on how you hid the cells, it would either be
FormatRowUnhide or FormatColumnUnhide.

HTH,
JP