Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Slow Excel Help please?

Hi group.

Win XP SP2
MS Office 2003

Recently I have notice a workbook in excel takes MUCH longer to open now,
yet I have not added much data to file...I am able to open a new excel sheet
with no problem.

My PC is up to date with Windows updates, and wonder if an update may have
caused above problem.

I do regular house keeping on my PC...defrag. cleanup, antivirus checks etc.
etc.

Size "on disc" of above file is 192KB.
The file is OK once opened.

TIA

Terry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The following site (See Contextures URL below) has instructions on resizing
the used range in a worksheet.

If your problem is caused by formerly used rows or unused rows that have
been formatted, this will fix the problem.

You'll have to apply this to all worksheets in your workbook.

Kevin Backmann

"Terry" wrote:

Hi group.

Win XP SP2
MS Office 2003

Recently I have notice a workbook in excel takes MUCH longer to open now,
yet I have not added much data to file...I am able to open a new excel sheet
with no problem.

My PC is up to date with Windows updates, and wonder if an update may have
caused above problem.

I do regular house keeping on my PC...defrag. cleanup, antivirus checks etc.
etc.

Size "on disc" of above file is 192KB.
The file is OK once opened.

TIA

Terry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In addition to what Kevin suggested, do you have a lot of formulas
(array or otherwise) in your workbook? This could cause a workbook to
open slowly.

Check out
http://www.decisionmodels.com/calcsecretsd.htm
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/slowresp.htm

for more assistance.

HTH,
JP

On Jan 4, 9:55*am, "Terry" wrote:
Hi group.

Win XP SP2
MS Office 2003

Recently I have notice a workbook in excel takes MUCH longer to open now,
yet I have not added much data to file...I am able to open a new excel sheet
with no problem.

My PC is up to date with Windows updates, and wonder if an update may have
caused above problem.

I do regular house keeping on my PC...defrag. cleanup, antivirus checks etc.
etc.

Size "on disc" of above file is 192KB.
The file is OK once opened.

TIA

Terry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Kevin

This W/Book has 11 active sheets in it, with many functions/formulae and
some cross references.
If I may repeat...it has just started this very slow (25 secs) openning of
w/book...strange!

I will sive thro' info provided by group....I too am very slow.LOL.

Memory is 512mb....need more??

Terry