Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default add Bold to the custom number format

Hello and thanks for the help. I am using the custom format to create a date
that looks like this: Thu - 3 Jan. I would like for ONLY the Thu portion to
show up in bold format. Is that possible?

I use both Excel 2003 and 2007.

Thanks again, Sheri : )
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A result returned by a formula cannot be formatted in pieces. You can only
apply formatting to the entire cell, not pieces of the result.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"SheriTingle" wrote in message
Hello and thanks for the help. I am using the custom format to create a
date
that looks like this: Thu - 3 Jan. I would like for ONLY the Thu portion
show up in bold format. Is that possible?

I use both Excel 2003 and 2007.

Thanks again, Sheri : )

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi,
it is possible to have multiple formats in a single cell but that applys to
text only or numbers formated as text. formulas, dates and numbers cannot
have multiple formats.
reason - to have multiple formats reguires specific start and stop points
within the cell. any cell that has data that varies will not meet this
criteria. as to your situation, a date is seen by excel as a 5 digit number
with decimals and is constantly changing. so no multiple formats possible.
Sorry
FSt1