Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to get from 1 - 50

How can I get a collum to go from 1-50 with out typing 1 then 2 then 3 so on
and so forth in every row?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

One way, enter in A1: 1, then right-click on A1's fill handle*, drag down as
far as required. Upon release, choose Fill Series.
*the black square at the bottom right corner of A1
--
Max
Singapore
"JayKimball" wrote:
How can I get a collum to go from 1-50 with out typing 1 then 2 then 3 so on
and so forth in every row?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

JayKimball

Only to add to Max's response:

You could enter Row() in A1 and drag down to row fifty
You could place 1 in A1 and 2 in A2, select them both and with the fill
handle (Lower right corner of the selected cell, the big white plus sign will
turn to a smaller black plus sign) right click and drag down to row fifty.

Mike Rogers

"JayKimball" wrote:

How can I get a collum to go from 1-50 with out typing 1 then 2 then 3 so on
and so forth in every row?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Try this.

Edit/Fill/Series/select rows or columns where in you want the series to
appear.
In Type Select /linear
Then in Step value it is 1 and in Stop value (Whatever value you want excel
to fill)
Then Ok.

By using this you can fill series in both rows and columns upto any extent.
Excel 2003.

--
Thanks
Suleman Peerzade

"JayKimball" wrote:

How can I get a collum to go from 1-50 with out typing 1 then 2 then 3 so on
and so forth in every row?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jan 2, 5:45*pm, JayKimball
wrote:
How can I get a collum to go from 1-50 with out typing 1 then 2 then 3
so on and so forth in every row?

Yet another way....

Enter 1 into A1. Enter =A1+1 into A2, right click and select Copy.
Enter A3:A50 in the Name Box of the Formula Bar, right click and
select Paste.