Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default default font size on comments

Is there a way to change the default size of the comment font? Sometimes
size 8 is a little small for my old eyes. 10 would be better and i know I
can change each cell but there has to be a default setting I'm overlooking.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Keith,

There is no way to set the default font size for comments.

However you can change the font size for all comments with one series of
commands:

1. Choose View, Comments
2. Click Select Multiple Objects, Select All (or manually select the
comments you want)
3. Increase Font Size

Note the Select Multiple Objects toolbar button is not displayed by default,
you will need to add it to a toolbar, it is under the Drawing category in
2003.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Keith" wrote:

Is there a way to change the default size of the comment font? Sometimes
size 8 is a little small for my old eyes. 10 would be better and i know I
can change each cell but there has to be a default setting I'm overlooking.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Keith,

I see I was a little hasty with the second response. It won't work without
VBA.

Instead after you display all the comments -
1. Select one of the comments and change its font size
2. Select the edge of the comment and double-click the Format Painter
toolbar button.
3. Click each of the comments that you want to change to font size for.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire