Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Help!!!

While setting up my new excel file for our bank accounts that we use for
2008, I inadvertantly wiped out my data from a worksheet from 2007 in the
process. I essentialy was copying all of the worksheets from the 2007 file
and then pasting them into the new ones I had created for the 2008 file and
then deleting all of the content in the 2008 file, with the exception of
headers and formulas.

Is there any way to get back the info from the 2007 worksheet that is now
missing? Any pointers would be very appreciated!! I of course saved both
files before closing them, my mistake!

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlw dlw is offline

Once you over-write a file in Excel, it's gone. Do you have backups? If
this is for a business, making backups of accounting data is the most
important part of your job.

"Iflychris" wrote:

While setting up my new excel file for our bank accounts that we use for
2008, I inadvertantly wiped out my data from a worksheet from 2007 in the
process. I essentialy was copying all of the worksheets from the 2007 file
and then pasting them into the new ones I had created for the 2008 file and
then deleting all of the content in the 2008 file, with the exception of
headers and formulas.

Is there any way to get back the info from the 2007 worksheet that is now
missing? Any pointers would be very appreciated!! I of course saved both
files before closing them, my mistake!

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

If you are on a network with MIS support, they probably back up all data
regularly. Put in a request to MIS to retrieve the file from a date before
the incident.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3