Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula - Referencing Between Worksheets

I have searched the help-base, and to no avail...the easiest of tasks perhaps
and I cannot get it right.

I have a column that ends in a sum (such as B2 though B 29 equals B30 on
WORKSHEET 1). I want that value to show in a box in Worksheet 2. Since B30
is a formula in itself, each time I tinker with it, I get REF errors of
sorts, and no idea how to get it right.

Any suggestions???
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There are a few ways to do this based on the exact layout you're dealing
with.

The easiest is:

=Sheet1!B30

If the "sum" cell is not always B30 this will return the *last* numeric
value from column B of Sheet1 (assuming the "sum" cell will always be the
last numeric entry in that column):

=LOOKUP(1E100,Sheet1!B:B)

Another possibilty if the "sum" cell is not always at a set location...

If the values being summed are all positive:

=MAX(Sheet1!B:B)

If the values being summed are all negative:

=MIN(Sheet1!B:B)

Or, you can simply use the same sum formula:

=SUM(Sheet1!B2:B29)

=SUM(Sheet1!B:B)

--
Biff