Bonnie

Default Need Month and Day only

Hi there. Using E02 on XP. Have a cell that needs to link
to a date cell (01/31/2005) and I need to see just month
and day (January 31). I found the =Month(K2) but can't
figure out how to get the month and day.

I appreciate any help or advice (and believe me, I really
looked in Excel Help first!). Thanks!
swatsp0p

In your desired cell enter this formula: =K2 and change the Format to

Bob Phillips

You could also use

=TEXT(A1,"mmm dd")

--