Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I import from Access to Excel

Hi All,

I've a sheet which contains all my team members names and the work assigned
to them. In that sheet I want to export that data to access so that an
individual can see his own data rather than seeing all. Any Ideas??????????

Thanks in Advance...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you need to transfer it once, you can just import it inte your
acces database.

Otherwise you could link your excel table.

Does that help you?

Carlo

On Dec 27, 1:50*pm, Srikanth
wrote:
Hi All,

I've a sheet which contains all my team members names and the work assigned
to them. In that sheet *I want to export that data to access so that an
individual can see his own data rather than seeing all. Any Ideas??????????

Thanks in Advance...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Srikanth

Open your Access Database (Please tell me which Version it is).
Go to your Database-wndow (F11)
Go to Tables
Rightclick on a blank spot and select "Link Tables..."

The wizard should explain itself.

If you still have questions, just post them here, or in the access
database newsgroup

cheers

Carlo

wrote:
Hi All,

I've a sheet which contains all my team members names and the work assigned
to them. In that sheet *I want to export that data to access so that an
individual can see his own data rather than seeing all. Any Ideas??????????

Thanks in Advance...- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Carlo,

Its 2000 version.

I will post the questions if i have any..

Thanks a bunch...

Cheers..

wrote:
Hi All,

I've a sheet which contains all my team members names and the work assigned
to them. In that sheet I want to export that data to access so that an
individual can see his own data rather than seeing all. Any Ideas??????????

Thanks in Advance...- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Carlo,

When I'm cilcking on link tables.. I cant see excel files i can seee only
access files.
Then how should i link them. Please help.

wrote:
Hi All,

I've a sheet which contains all my team members names and the work assigned
to them. In that sheet I want to export that data to access so that an
individual can see his own data rather than seeing all. Any Ideas??????????

Thanks in Advance...- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

wrote:
Hi All,

I've a sheet which contains all my team members names and the work assigned
to them. In that sheet *I want to export that data to access so that an
individual can see his own data rather than seeing all. Any Ideas??????????

Thanks in Advance...- Hide quoted text -

Hi Srikanth

sorry for the late reply but i was away for a while.
when you click link, you should make sure, that
you select "files of type" as "xls" and not "mdb".

hth

Carlo