Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Command Button - Macro to print to pdf, then send pdf to email.

I have a command button in my Excel spreadsheet where it will look at the
email address typed into a specific field and email the excel file to that
email address.
What I want to do is when I push the button, First have the page print to a
pdf, then send only the pdf file to the email address specified.

How do I add in the step of printing to a pdf.

Thanks in advance,
Travis
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Command Button - Macro to print to pdf, then send pdf to email.

Hi Travis,

To add the step of printing to a PDF before sending the email, you can use the "ExportAsFixedFormat" method in VBA. Here are the steps to do this:
  1. Open the VBA editor by pressing Alt + F11.
  2. Double-click on the button that you have created to open the code window.
  3. Add the following code to print the active sheet to a PDF file:

    Formula:
    ActiveSheet.ExportAsFixedFormat Type:=xlTypePDFFilename:="C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\FileName.pdf"Quality:=xlQualityStandardIncludeDocProperties:=TrueIgnorePrintAreas:=FalseOpenAfterPublish:=False
    Replace "YourUserName" with your actual user name and "FileName" with the name you want to give to the PDF file.
  4. Add the following code to send the PDF file as an attachment to the email:

    Formula:
    Dim OutApp As Object
    Dim OutMail
    As Object
    Dim strbody
    As String

    Set OutApp
    CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
    Set OutMail OutApp.CreateItem(0)

    strbody "Please find attached the PDF file."

    On Error Resume Next
    With OutMail

    .To Range("A1").Value 'Replace A1 with the cell that contains the email address
        .Subject = "PDF file"
        .Body = strbody
        .Attachments.Add ("C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\FileName.pdf") '
    Replace with the actual path and file name of the PDF file

    .Send
    End With
    On Error
    GoTo 0

    Set OutMail
    Nothing
    Set OutApp
    Nothing
    Replace "A1" with the cell that contains the email address, and replace the path and file name of the PDF file with the actual path and file name.
  5. Save the code and close the VBA editor.

Now, when you click the button, it will print the active sheet to a PDF file and then send the PDF file as an attachment to the email address specified in the cell you have specified.
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Travis

Code on my page for excel 2007 and a link to Ken's site for older versions
http://www.rondebruin.nl/pdf.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm