Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula question

What i have is a spreadsheet of data where one column states whether the
activity in that row has been completed and has "Yes" or "No" in it. A
couple of columns along states the number of participants that took part in
the activity.

What I need to do is find a formula that will take all the numbers in the
number of participants column that have a "Yes" in the activity completed
column and add them up. I've used a countif to get the number of Yes or No
answers, but I can't find a way for it to take all the Yes answers, move
along the columns to find number of participants and then add up any others
in the spreadsheet that say Yes.

Please can anyone help!?

Thanks:-)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Caroline,

It would have helped to know your ranges but you should be able to modify
this:-

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A25="Yes")*(B1:B25))

Mike

"Caroline" wrote:

What i have is a spreadsheet of data where one column states whether the
activity in that row has been completed and has "Yes" or "No" in it. A
couple of columns along states the number of participants that took part in
the activity.

What I need to do is find a formula that will take all the numbers in the
number of participants column that have a "Yes" in the activity completed
column and add them up. I've used a countif to get the number of Yes or No
answers, but I can't find a way for it to take all the Yes answers, move
along the columns to find number of participants and then add up any others
in the spreadsheet that say Yes.

Please can anyone help!?

Thanks:-)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If yes/no are in column A, Nos of participants are in columns B and C, then
=SUMIF(A:A,"yes",B:B)+SUMIF(A:A,"yes",C:C)

Add more SUMIFs if you have more than two columns to sum up.

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Caroline€¯ ezt Ć*rta: