Antonio

Default wheeling numbers

hi all

is it possible to get excel to wheel all lotto numbers (1 to 49)
and save them to excel??

tks
António

Peo Sjoblom

One way

put 1 and A1 2 in A2 and so on down to 49 in A49 in B1, put =RAND()
copy down the formula to B49, select both column and do datasort and sort
ascending
by column B, now select the 7 first numbers.

Peo Sjoblom

"Antonio" wrote in message
hi all

is it possible to get excel to wheel all lotto numbers (1 to 49)
and save them to excel??

tks
António

Antonio

Hi
Your reply, this gives me random combinations, done
manualy, and not an automatic number generator.
Tks n rgds
António

"Antonio" wrote in message
hi all

is it possible to get excel to wheel all lotto numbers (1 to 49)
and save them to excel??

tks
António

Max

Perhaps you might want to try this play ..

Put in A1: =RAND()
Copy down to A49

Select an adjacent range B1:B49

Put in the *formula bar*: =RANK(A1:A49,A1:A49)

Array-enter the formula,
i.e. press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER
instead of just pressing ENTER

B1:B49 will return a non-repeating randomized
scramble of the numbers 1 - 49

Just press F9 key to recalc a fresh scramble !

And if desired, we could extract and re-lay**
the numbers in B1:B49 into a 7 x 7 grid
say, in D1:J7
**Numbers arranged in a zig-zag manner

Put in D1:
=OFFSET($B$1,ROW(A1)*7-7+COLUMN(A1)-1,)
Copy D1 across to J1, fill down to J7

D1:J7 returns 7 sets of 7 random numbers
"horizontally" and another 7 sets "vertically"
and 2 sets diagonally (Total: 16 sets <g)

Again, just tap / press F9 key
to "wheel" a fresh scramble in D1:J7 !

Freeze the results elsewhere as needed
with a copy paste special values