Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default link option buttons on multiple sheets

I am trying to create a situation where when a form option button is selected
on one worksheet, it is also selected on all of the other worksheets in my
workbook. I have 5 option buttons on this first sheet, which have been
grouped by a Group Box.

It would be great if I could figure out how to link this Group Box to the 3
merged cells that lie below them - then it would simply mean linking this
cell on all worksheets so that it duplicates the contents throughout the
workbook. I wish I could figure out a rule of thumb or system to writing
Macros - frustrating! This is new for me and I am learning by fumbling!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It would be great if I could figure out how to link this Group Box
to the 3 merged cells that lie below them

Never tried it with merged cells but why do you need to link it to that
particular cell? Any cell will do. Option buttons/checkboxes have a 2-way
link to the linked cell. If you select an option button the linked cell
tells which option button is selected. If you change the number in the
linked cell then that particular option button wil be selected.

I entered 3 option buttons on Sheet1A2:C2. Linked cell is A10.

I entered 3 option buttons on Sheet2A2:C2. Linked cell is Sheet1!$A$10

Whenever you select a button on either sheet the same button will be
selected on the other sheet.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"NFaye" wrote in message
I am trying to create a situation where when a form option button is
selected
on one worksheet, it is also selected on all of the other worksheets in my
workbook. I have 5 option buttons on this first sheet, which have been
grouped by a Group Box.

It would be great if I could figure out how to link this Group Box to the
3
merged cells that lie below them - then it would simply mean linking this
cell on all worksheets so that it duplicates the contents throughout the
workbook. I wish I could figure out a rule of thumb or system to writing
Macros - frustrating! This is new for me and I am learning by fumbling!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you! It's working! Now how do I get rid of the corresponding number
that appears in the linked cell so that only the selected option button shows?

I really appreciate your timely response! This Community thing is wonderful!

"NFaye" wrote in message
I am trying to create a situation where when a form option button is
selected
on one worksheet, it is also selected on all of the other worksheets in my
workbook. I have 5 option buttons on this first sheet, which have been
grouped by a Group Box.

It would be great if I could figure out how to link this Group Box to the
3
merged cells that lie below them - then it would simply mean linking this
cell on all worksheets so that it duplicates the contents throughout the
workbook. I wish I could figure out a rule of thumb or system to writing
Macros - frustrating! This is new for me and I am learning by fumbling!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Custom format the linked cell as: ;;;

That's 3 semicolons. The cell still contains the value but it's not
displayed (in the cell). You can still see it in the formula bar and you can
still refer to the linked cell in formulas.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP