Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I delete a header in Microsoft Excel?

I would like to know how to delete a header in Microsoft Excel. Can you help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming you mean a page header, it's under:

FilePage Setup...Header/Footer/Header:/(none)

Fred

"Anne" wrote in message
I would like to know how to delete a header in Microsoft Excel. Can you help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You didn't say which version of XL, so assuming 2003:
File/Page Setup/Header/Footer tab, click Custom Header button, clear each
section.
xl2007:
Switch to page layout view, click in the header sections & clear the contents.
HTH

I would like to know how to delete a header in Microsoft Excel. Can you help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Anne wrote:

I would like to know how to delete a header in Microsoft Excel. Can you help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I've never been able to remove the header from the:
File|Page setup|Header/Footer Tab|Header combobox entries

But if I'm not using it, then any recipient of my workbook won't see my unused
headers.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi, nobody seems to be able to answer my question, and i saw that you are an
'Excel MVP', so i thought you mght be able to help me

i presently have a function that converts a formula entered in a cell into
text such that a viewer can see the formula as it was typed:

Function ShowFormula(rg As Range) As String
ShowFormula = rg.Formula
End Function

the user simply types =ShowFormula(cell) and the formula is revealed.

the problem is that the result is in the format '=d4+d5-SQRT(f5)' when i
would
like it to read '=44+33-sqrt(69)', which are the numbers in the cells
referenced.

is there a way to modify the function such it it shows the numbers from the
linked cells rather than the address of the cell?

thank you very much
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You are not addressing your question to an individual MVP, you have sent it
to a Usenet newsgroup.
Your question doesn't relate to the thread to which you've replied: "How
do I delete a header in Microsoft Excel?", so it will cause confusion where
it is, and where it is your question may well not be read by people who
might be able to answer it.
If this is a new question, try asking your question in a new thread, with an
appropriate title.
If, as I suspect, you have already asked the question in one or more other
threads and received a reply, then hijacking another thread is unlikely to
get you a better answer than what you've already received. If you want
further clarification on your original thread, please ask the question
there.
If you want detailed responses on VBA solutions, you may wish to try in
microsoft.public.excel.programming.
--
David Biddulph