Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Multiple comparisons in a cell

I'm still learning what Excel 2003 can do for me, so this may be a stupid
question. I am tracking equipment maintenance records and I need to create a
cell that will say "OK" if the machine has over a certain of hours since the
last maintenance, "DUE NOW" if it is within 300 hours, and "LATE" if I'm
under 50 hours. I've gotten it to work with 2 conditions, but don't know how
to get it to do 3.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

lets say
column A is hours since maintenance
so you put in B1 following formula
=if(A1<50,"LATE",if(A1<300,"DUE NOW","OK")

on top of that have a look at conditional formatting:
Format -- conditional formatting
where you could say that the cell of your work hours changes colors
according to the value it contains.
(just because you said you want to know what excel can do for you)
if there are any questions related to that or to the formula i wrote
don't hesitate to put it in here.

Cheers Carlo

On Dec 20, 10:56 am, gratefulrog
wrote:
I'm still learning what Excel 2003 can do for me, so this may be a stupid
question. I am tracking equipment maintenance records and I need to create a
cell that will say "OK" if the machine has over a certain of hours since the
last maintenance, "DUE NOW" if it is within 300 hours, and "LATE" if I'm
under 50 hours. I've gotten it to work with 2 conditions, but don't know how
to get it to do 3.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're welome

thanks for the feedback

Carlo

wrote:
I'm still learning what Excel 2003 can do for me, so this may be a stupid
question. I am tracking equipment maintenance records and I need to create a
cell that will say "OK" if the machine has over a certain of hours since the
last maintenance, "DUE NOW" if it is within 300 hours, and "LATE" if I'm
under 50 hours. I've gotten it to work with 2 conditions, but don't know how
to get it to do 3.- Hide quoted text -