Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Bob is offline

Default Importing Excel file into Outlook

I am using Excel 2003. I am trying to import an Excel csv file (containing
contacts) into Outlook 2003. From there I will export it to a website
(point2homes.com) that will maintain these contacts for me and allow me
access. I am following their instructions: In order to preserve all the
contact information I want before exporting to the website, I must import
into Outlook with the column headers adjusted on the spreadsheet. When I
adjust the headers and go to save the file I get the following message:

[file] may contain features that are not compatable with csv (comma
delimited). Do you want to keep the workbook in this format? To keep this
format which leaves out incompatible features, click Yes. To preserve the
format, click No and then save in the latest Excel format. To see what might
be lost, click Help.

When I click yes, the heading formatting disappears (headers are no longer
adjusted).
When I save in the latest Excel format, the file is not available when I go
to import it into Outlook (it doesn't appear in the list of files available).

When I import the file without the header adjustment, all I get is the name
and phone number of each contact, not the address, second phone, etc.