Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Lock drop down menus

I have created a form in Excel.
I have drop down menus to pick products, customer names etc...
I need to know how to lock the drop down after we select an item.
I dont want others to be able to go into the drop down menu and look at the
products we have in our invetory. We need to be able to email the sheet to
customers.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It can be done but given the poor level of internal security in Excel I would
suggest you do not do this.

The general rule is.........if you don't want others to see data, do not include
it in the workbook/worksheet.

Best to Clear All DV dropdowns after choosing the proper items from each.

Save As a new filename and send to customer.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP