Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default column with unique value alowed to added only else violation

i wont make a columne pf number if i add a new valew in a neww cell exicting
befor in this column one msg apear and the fot of this new cell chage to red
thaks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Const WS_RANGE As String = "A:A" '<== change to suit

On Error GoTo ws_exit
Application.EnableEvents = False

With Target
.Font.ColorIndex = xlColorIndexAutomatic
If Application.CountIf(Me.Columns(.Column), .Value) 1 Then
MsgBox "duplicate value"
.Font.ColorIndex = 3
End If
End With