Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Formula / Programming

Hi:

I am trying to create a formula that only returns values if the condition is
met and I do not want any blank rows as the data is being returned to a
separate sheet. I have a nested IF statement which uses a VLOOKUP, but this
still gives me blanks. How can I tell excel that if the value is false to
move to the next cell and continute checking?

Thanks,

Theresa

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi:

Actually, I can take it down to a simple IF statement if(Sheet1!A7="Y",
Sheet1!B7,"")

I want to be able to print the results sheet without blank lines. This file
will be used by people who have limited Excel skills so it needs to be as
simple as possible. I guess what I need is to be able to say that if A7 on
the results sheet is blank then delete the entire row.

Thanks,

Theresa

"Theresa" wrote in message
Hi:

I am trying to create a formula that only returns values if the condition is
met and I do not want any blank rows as the data is being returned to a
separate sheet. I have a nested IF statement which uses a VLOOKUP, but this
still gives me blanks. How can I tell excel that if the value is false to
move to the next cell and continute checking?

Thanks,

Theresa

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well, it can be done, but the problem may be the "limited Excel skills".

First, it can't be done with an If function. No function can delete (or hide) a
row.
It could be done programmatically, if you wanted to write a macro.

However, I think your best solution is Data Filter. Turn it on with
DataFilterAutofilter
Then, hit the down arrow in column A, and select "Y".

This will select all rows with Y in them, and hide the rest. And you can print
with no further effort.

I think once you check into it, you will find data filters to be invaluable.

Fred