Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula

Does anyone know how to create a "IF THEN" formula? I need something simple
but I am getting errors. I need 2 cells to multiply each other IF another
cell is greater than 0. I need the entire column drafted for such a IF THEN
formula. So column "A" for instance from A1 through A40 lets say if any cell
in that range (lets use A12 for example) is greater than 0 then B12 x C12
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(A10,B1*C1,"")

This formula looks at A1, if it is greater than zero it does the
multiplication, if not it sticks a blank on the cell.

"pyrenees33" wrote:

Does anyone know how to create a "IF THEN" formula? I need something simple
but I am getting errors. I need 2 cells to multiply each other IF another
cell is greater than 0. I need the entire column drafted for such a IF THEN
formula. So column "A" for instance from A1 through A40 lets say if any cell
in that range (lets use A12 for example) is greater than 0 then B12 x C12

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excellent so far but how do I get the entire column "A" to recognize the
formula for each respective cell? Meaning A2, A3, A4 etc how do I get each of
these cells to calculate B2*C2; B3*C3; B4*C4 etc

"pyrenees33" wrote:

Does anyone know how to create a "IF THEN" formula? I need something simple
but I am getting errors. I need 2 cells to multiply each other IF another
cell is greater than 0. I need the entire column drafted for such a IF THEN
formula. So column "A" for instance from A1 through A40 lets say if any cell
in that range (lets use A12 for example) is greater than 0 then B12 x C12

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

After i posted the formula I realized i hadn't put that part in.

You should just have to copy if down the column as far as your data runs.
It will automatically change the formula for you. (As in it will increment
the formula from A1 B1 and C1 to A2 B2 and C2 in the formula)

"pyrenees33" wrote:

Does anyone know how to create a "IF THEN" formula? I need something simple
but I am getting errors. I need 2 cells to multiply each other IF another
cell is greater than 0. I need the entire column drafted for such a IF THEN
formula. So column "A" for instance from A1 through A40 lets say if any cell
in that range (lets use A12 for example) is greater than 0 then B12 x C12

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It worked. Seems to be working fine. Thank you Tim! Just one other question,
the formula below works and gives me a total it just gives me a total in
$0.00 and $0.00 is not what I want. How do I remove the $ and just have a
value?

=COUNTIF(D3:D44,"TM")