Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Paste Values not pasting numbers

I had a number of columns that contained formulas and i used the "Paste
Values" fuction to replace the formula. The problem is that the values are
not being treated like numbers. If I look at the values in the cells the
numbers appear with with the justification characters beside them. If I
manually remove the character or reinput the number it will then fuction as a
number. If i don't I cannot perform even simple calculations like SUM with
them. The results are incorrect. Is there any way to remove these characters
accross many cells at the same time? I've tried to change the formatting and
deselecting all justifications and that doesen't work either. Ive never seen
this before, a number that looks like a number but isn't a number.