Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Problem need help.

the problem is I combim two document, copy from sheet 2 information to sheet
1. after I pasted in sheet 1, the columns format is different. is there
anyway to display two kind of columns format in same worksheet.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

By column format, do you mean number format and font? Take a look at
the Paste Special options, you may want to paste just the values. You
have the option of using Format Painter to update newly-pasted entries
to match the formatting of data already in Sheet1. Also, starting
with Excel 2002 (I think) there has been an option, when pasting, to
preserve destination formatting. It would appear as a SmartTag after
you perform the paste operation.

On Dec 13, 2:15 pm, John wrote:
the problem is I combim two document, copy from sheet 2 information to sheet
1. after I pasted in sheet 1, the columns format is different. is there
anyway to display two kind of columns format in same worksheet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can apply multiple formats to any part of a column or range.

What you cannot do is have different widths for the same column if that's what
you're looking for.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 11:15:03 -0800, John wrote:

the problem is I combim two document, copy from sheet 2 information to sheet
1. after I pasted in sheet 1, the columns format is different. is there
anyway to display two kind of columns format in same worksheet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Gord,
your right, I am try copy range of rows and columns in the first wordsheet,
the information is in defferent columns width, after pasted it can not
display all. because the columns widths is smaller then the one copy from. I
gust there no way to do it. if anyone know how. pls help!!!

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

You can apply multiple formats to any part of a column or range.

What you cannot do is have different widths for the same column if that's what
you're looking for.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 11:15:03 -0800, John wrote:

the problem is I combim two document, copy from sheet 2 information to sheet
1. after I pasted in sheet 1, the columns format is different. is there
anyway to display two kind of columns format in same worksheet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Can you just select the columns and FormatColumnAutofit Selection?

Or you could copy and paste from sheet2 as a picture if you don't need to do any
calculations, sorting or filtering etc. which doesn't sound too practical but
I'll throw it in anyway<g

Gord

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

You can apply multiple formats to any part of a column or range.

What you cannot do is have different widths for the same column if that's what
you're looking for.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 11:15:03 -0800, John wrote:

the problem is I combim two document, copy from sheet 2 information to sheet
1. after I pasted in sheet 1, the columns format is different. is there
anyway to display two kind of columns format in same worksheet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A single column can only have one column width. If you want, you can
use Paste Special - Column Width, after you do the regular paste, to
adjust the destination columns to match the width of the source
columns.