Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RJB RJB is offline

Default VLOOKUP - TWO Variables

I can't tell if another post is the same question or not - I guess I'm that
stupid.

Here's what I got:

CLIENT INDUSTRY SALES PERSON COUNTRY Q1 Q2
Q3 etc

Want to have a VLOOKUP to make a table of CLIENT and INDUSTRY together.

In other words,

USA AUTOMOBILE TOTAL OF Q1+Q2+...+QN
USA COMPUTERS TOTAL OF Q1+Q2+...+QN
FRANCE RETAIL TOTAL OF Q1+Q2+...+QN

How?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Why don't you try to use Data Pivot Table ... to have all the
flexibility needed ...

HTH
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=INDEX(C1:C100,MATCH("USA"&"AUTOMOBILE",A1:A100&B1 :B100,0))

which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
just Enter.
Excel will automatically enclose the formula in braces (curly brackets), do
not try to do this manually.
When editing the formula, it must again be array-entered.

--
HTH

Bob

"RJB" wrote in message
I can't tell if another post is the same question or not - I guess I'm that
stupid.

Here's what I got:

CLIENT INDUSTRY SALES PERSON COUNTRY Q1 Q2
Q3 etc

Want to have a VLOOKUP to make a table of CLIENT and INDUSTRY together.

In other words,

USA AUTOMOBILE TOTAL OF Q1+Q2+...+QN
USA COMPUTERS TOTAL OF Q1+Q2+...+QN
FRANCE RETAIL TOTAL OF Q1+Q2+...+QN

How?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RJB RJB is offline

Why don't you try to use Data Pivot Table
The data is actually about 37 columns of stuff, and I'm trying to pull out
just a bit.

As to the below, I couldn't get it to work. What's the "C" column represent?
And can I substitue $A2 and $B2 for "USA" and "AUTOMOBILE"?