Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default formula calculation

I must meet $25 profit for every line item in my quote. I need a
formula which will automatically adjust the quantity being purchased
based on my per unit cost, and I also need a formula which will adjust
the cost per unit based on the original quantity. Example: 25
widgets @ gross profit $.50= $12.50..... first formula should adjust
number of widgets to meet $25.00 gross profit..... second formula
should adjust gross profit for 25 widgets. Is this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you have item in column A and gross profit in column B
then zou could do for column C: =25/B1
and in column D: = 25/A1

Is that what you look for?

hth

Carlo

On Dec 12, 8:41 am, wrote:
I must meet $25 profit for every line item in my quote. I need a
formula which will automatically adjust the quantity being purchased
based on my per unit cost, and I also need a formula which will adjust
the cost per unit based on the original quantity. Example: 25
widgets @ gross profit $.50= $12.50..... first formula should adjust
number of widgets to meet $25.00 gross profit..... second formula
should adjust gross profit for 25 widgets. Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

First formula
=MIN(25/0.5, widgets)