Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Creating formulas using text in the search criteria

I have created a tracking chart which uses a drop down menu to assign task to
team members. Now I want to separate each person's tasks onto a separate
sheet using the name in the first sheet to separate the tasks.
Meaning : the items everyone is responsible for go onto the master sheet but
then I can view what I am responsible for if I open my tab(sheet). I guess I
need to know what formula can I use to say if 'Michele' is in E2 then put
that entire line in the next available field on the 'Michele' sheet in the
same work book. I hope that makes sense.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Don is offline

My first thought from what you said is to use filter on the name and copy
each into their own sheet. But, if I were you, I would review Pivot Tables.
You can put all data in one sheet and use the pivot table report to show what
you want. Then you can even ask to "show pages" from the pivot toolbar and
it will create sheets for each name or whatever.

hope this helps