Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula Problem

Hi all,

I need a formula to work on my sheet that if a date is put in the cell a2
for example I want the cell the formula is in, to display *500*. If no date
is put into the cell a2 then I want the cell to calculate the sum part of
the formula.

I've had a number of goes with limited experience and no success.

If (a2=0, sum(a100+b100, "500")

Any ideas people?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi Dave,

excel understand dates as numbers, so if you use one funcion like:

If (isnumber(a2),500, sum(a100+b100),

but remenber any number will return true for the conditional

hth
--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"Dave" escreveu:

Hi all,

I need a formula to work on my sheet that if a date is put in the cell a2
for example I want the cell the formula is in, to display *500*. If no date
is put into the cell a2 then I want the cell to calculate the sum part of
the formula.

I've had a number of goes with limited experience and no success.

If (a2=0, sum(a100+b100, "500")

Any ideas people?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this: