Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how do I subtract time from a date to get an earlier date?

Hi - I am trying to set a 'reminder' date by subtracting 4 months from a
given date, such as 3/1/09 so that I get 11/1/08.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here you go. You could replace B1 with your value as part of the formula if
you didn't want to use another cell.

A1: 12/1/2007
B1: 3 (Months to subtract)
A3: =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)-B1,DAY(A1))

"Sunny_Dreams" wrote:

Hi - I am trying to set a 'reminder' date by subtracting 4 months from a
given date, such as 3/1/09 so that I get 11/1/08.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

My situation is:

June 14, 2009 (E2) and I need to subtract 197 (F2) days from the June 19,
2009 date and the answer will be in cell G2. The answer in G2 will need to be
in the formant of February 1, 2009 (this date is just an example).

Thank You

"Sunny_Dreams" wrote:

Hi - I am trying to set a 'reminder' date by subtracting 4 months from a
given date, such as 3/1/09 so that I get 11/1/08.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It's as simple as putting:
=e2-f2
into cell G2. Format this cell as desired.

Regards,
Fred.