Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default In excel, give alarm which alert me if i dont recevie a payment

I want to make a alert in EXCEl which alert me when i didnt receive a payment
from any party in two days or three days
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could use conditional formatting to do this, but you will need to
give more details if you want a more detailed answer.

Pete

On Dec 10, 9:09 am, Abdulkadir
wrote:
I want to make a alert in EXCEl which alert me when i didnt receive a payment
from any party in two days or three days

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

1 way.
Say your due date for payment is in A1. Select A1 and and then:-

Format|conditional format.
Select Formula is and paste this in
=AND(ISBLANK(B1),(A1-TODAY())=3)
select a colour and click OK
3 days after payment is due the cell will turn the colour you select and it
will stay like that until you mark payment as recieved by entering something
in B1

Mike

"Abdulkadir" wrote:

I want to make a alert in EXCEl which alert me when i didnt receive a payment
from any party in two days or three days

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default In excel, give alarm which alert me if i dont recevie a paymen

That should have been

=AND(ISBLANK(B1),(TODAY()-A1)=3)

"Abdulkadir" wrote:

I want to make a alert in EXCEl which alert me when i didnt receive a payment
from any party in two days or three days

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am gratefull to Mr.Mike and Mr.Pete that they respond to my answer,
Actually I am gold merchant and I always used to keep record of my stock,
suppose if I had given two necklace to one merchant so i want that excel
programme automatically prompt me after two day a pop up will come up
revealing that the payment is due so can i do this on Excel please guide me,
its really urgent