Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Merge Cells in a Row to one Cell and text is NOT in a line

I would like to merge a few cells for a row

Michael 23, Jalan 222 Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

and make it within ONE CELL in this format (like using Alt+Enter within a
CELL)

Michael
23, Jalan 222
Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia

but NOT in one line format (like using CONCATENATE or & ),

Michael 23, Jalan 222 Kuala Lumpur Malaysia.

This is possible in MS. Word, but I have a long list, I do not want to do it
manually merge it one by one using MS. Word.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=concatenate(a2,"use alt+enter",b2,"use alt+enter",c2)
and wrap text from format|cell|allignment|wraptext
Change the range accordingly
a2= Michael
b2 = 23, Jalan 222
c2 = Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

regards
Sridhar

"VCKW" wrote:

I would like to merge a few cells for a row

Michael 23, Jalan 222 Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

and make it within ONE CELL in this format (like using Alt+Enter within a
CELL)

Michael
23, Jalan 222
Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia

but NOT in one line format (like using CONCATENATE or & ),

Michael 23, Jalan 222 Kuala Lumpur Malaysia.

This is possible in MS. Word, but I have a long list, I do not want to do it
manually merge it one by one using MS. Word.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thans...

Is there anyway to maintain the FONT SIZE and TYPE (Bold, Arial) too in the
formula after merging? Since I need the name to be BOLD and 12 points in size
while the rest are normal and 8 points in size.

Thank you!

regards
VC

"VCKW" wrote in message
I would like to merge a few cells for a row

Michael 23, Jalan 222 Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

and make it within ONE CELL in this format (like using Alt+Enter within a
CELL)

Michael
23, Jalan 222
Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia

but NOT in one line format (like using CONCATENATE or & ),

Michael 23, Jalan 222 Kuala Lumpur Malaysia.

This is possible in MS. Word, but I have a long list, I do not want to do
it
manually merge it one by one using MS. Word.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Nope.

Formulas don't support this kind of formatting.

You could convert it to a value and do what you want, though.

"VCKW" wrote in message
I would like to merge a few cells for a row

Michael 23, Jalan 222 Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

and make it within ONE CELL in this format (like using Alt+Enter within a
CELL)

Michael
23, Jalan 222
Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia

but NOT in one line format (like using CONCATENATE or & ),

Michael 23, Jalan 222 Kuala Lumpur Malaysia.

This is possible in MS. Word, but I have a long list, I do not want to do
it
manually merge it one by one using MS. Word.

Thank you.

--

Dave Peterson