Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Dates before 1900

I'm trying to get a very simple DATADIF formula to work. I subtracted the
start date from the end date of each employee to get the total number of days
they were employed. This works fine for dates after 1900, but anything from
the 1700 or 1800's results in a value error. Is there any way I can trick
excel into calculating these values?
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Look he

http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/xdate.htm

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"clueless in nj" wrote in message
| I'm trying to get a very simple DATADIF formula to work. I subtracted the
| start date from the end date of each employee to get the total number of days
| they were employed. This works fine for dates after 1900, but anything from
| the 1700 or 1800's results in a value error. Is there any way I can trick
| excel into calculating these values?
| Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Also, answer in your other post - please do not multi-post.

Pete

On Dec 9, 8:36 pm, clueless in nj
wrote:
I'm trying to get a very simple DATADIF formula to work. I subtracted the
start date from the end date of each employee to get the total number of days
they were employed. This works fine for dates after 1900, but anything from
the 1700 or 1800's results in a value error. Is there any way I can trick
excel into calculating these values?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc