Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default excel 2002 cells with leading zeros

I have suddenly found that entering numbers into an exsiting spread or a new
spread sheet in a new book that the number always has 0.00 in front of the
number I typed. Every thing else then works with small number
If I use =and then the number the problem is over come
What I do not know is if I send the work book too other users do they get
the same problem
Any ideas please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Niek

That was quick and to the POINT. I must have accidentally selected the edit
feature doing something else

What time is it were you are?

All the best
nav 2
"Niek Otten" wrote:

ToolsOptionsEdit tab, uncheck Fixed decimal

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"navigator 2" <navigator wrote in message ...
|I have suddenly found that entering numbers into an exsiting spread or a new
| spread sheet in a new book that the number always has 0.00 in front of the
| number I typed. Every thing else then works with small number
| If I use =and then the number the problem is over come
| What I do not know is if I send the work book too other users do they get
| the same problem
| Any ideas please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It's 15:42. Maybe you would call that 3:42 PM?
And where you are?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"navigator 2" wrote in message ...

| Niek
|
| That was quick and to the POINT. I must have accidentally selected the edit
| feature doing something else
|
| What time is it were you are?
|
| All the best
| nav 2
| "Niek Otten" wrote:
|
| ToolsOptionsEdit tab, uncheck Fixed decimal
|
| --
| Kind regards,
|
| Niek Otten
| Microsoft MVP - Excel
|
| "navigator 2" <navigator wrote in message
| |I have suddenly found that entering numbers into an exsiting spread or a new
| | spread sheet in a new book that the number always has 0.00 in front of the
| | number I typed. Every thing else then works with small number
| | If I use =and then the number the problem is over come
| | What I do not know is if I send the work book too other users do they get
| | the same problem
| | Any ideas please?
| |

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Niek

I am in the UK but noticed that the date and time hearder was showing PST
last Saturday

Thanks
Over and out

"Niek Otten" wrote:

It's 15:42. Maybe you would call that 3:42 PM?
And where you are?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"navigator 2" wrote in message ...

| Niek
|
| That was quick and to the POINT. I must have accidentally selected the edit
| feature doing something else
|
| What time is it were you are?
|
| All the best
| nav 2
| "Niek Otten" wrote:
|
| ToolsOptionsEdit tab, uncheck Fixed decimal
|
| --
| Kind regards,
|
| Niek Otten
| Microsoft MVP - Excel
|
| "navigator 2" <navigator wrote in message
| |I have suddenly found that entering numbers into an exsiting spread or a new
| | spread sheet in a new book that the number always has 0.00 in front of the
| | number I typed. Every thing else then works with small number
| | If I use =and then the number the problem is over come
| | What I do not know is if I send the work book too other users do they get
| | the same problem
| | Any ideas please?
| |