Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Transpose Error

Hi,

I have 414 data using same number of rows in column A.
I tried to use tranpose function by copying the data, right-click a cell,
select past special, and click transpose.

However, I get an error message. It says
The information cannot be pasted because The Copy area and the paste area
are not the same size and shape. Try one of the following:
- Click a single cell, and then paste - which is dumb because it is not
tranposing the data.
- Select a rectangle that's the same size and shape, and then paste.

I know I did transpose data before but can't figure out why it's not working
this time.

Can any give me a solution to this??? I appreciate your reply in advance.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Note that if you are using XL2003 or earlier, there are only 256
columns that you can use, so you will not be able to transpose 414
rows.

Pete