Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel - "Find" Feature

My "Find" feature does not appear to be working on a specific spreadsheet. I
use it to look for a number that I know is there and I get a message back
stating Microsoft cannot locate. What can I do to correct problem?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When using Find, if you have more than one cell selected in a worksheet then
Find only looks in the selected range. Therefore ensure that you only have
one cell selected or that you have the entire range to search selected.

Also check that the number you are looking for is not in text format with a
leading or trailing space or other non visible character. Uncheck the box for
Match entire cell contents should establish if this is the problem.

Perhaps others have some more ideas for you to check.

OssieMac

"ManhattanRebel" wrote:

My "Find" feature does not appear to be working on a specific spreadsheet. I
use it to look for a number that I know is there and I get a message back
stating Microsoft cannot locate. What can I do to correct problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JMB JMB is offline

Also, double check the lookin dropdown box. Are you searching the cell
values or formulas??