Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Macro Help Needed

Hello!

I have two spreadsheets that work together. One is a call log that our phone
system makes of all of the calls. The other is a user-friendly "front end"
that pulls some of the data from the full log. Here's what I would like to do:

With both workbooks open, have a new macro go through every 5 minutes that
triggers an existing macro in the call log that refreshes the log. Then I
need the front end file to re-calculate and save a copy in a location that is
accessible to many people, probably a shared folder. However, the front-end
only opens well when the call log is also open, so the copy in the shared
location should either be "pasted as values" or a PDF copy. We have a PDF
printer driver that looks just like a printer. Additionally, once per day I
need to update the date range in the call log. It's contained in one cell. I
can create a formula in the front end file that can produce the date range,
but the new macro would need to copy it from the front end file and paste as
value in the call log. The existing macros in the call log do not allow it to
contain anything but data (it's macros wipe the workbook every time it
refreshes the call data).

Thanks for your ideas,