Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Execute a FIND on formula results

Excel XP on Win XP

I am using the following formula every 27th cell down a column to display
teh day of week.
=CHOOSE(WEEKDAY(B785),
"Sunday","Monday","Tuesday","Wednesday","Thursday" ,"Friday","Saturday")
The formula works great, problem is I want to be able to use the FIND
button/command to go to the next "Tuesday" qucikly. My find reports "No
MAtches Found". I presume this is because each cell contains a formula result
and not the actual TEXT "Tuesday". Is there a simply solution to my dilemmna?

Thanks to all
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Should work...Make sure you tell Find to look in formulas
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200761

"JR Hester" wrote:

Excel XP on Win XP

I am using the following formula every 27th cell down a column to display
teh day of week.
=CHOOSE(WEEKDAY(B785),
"Sunday","Monday","Tuesday","Wednesday","Thursday" ,"Friday","Saturday")
The formula works great, problem is I want to be able to use the FIND
button/command to go to the next "Tuesday" qucikly. My find reports "No
MAtches Found". I presume this is because each cell contains a formula result
and not the actual TEXT "Tuesday". Is there a simply solution to my dilemmna?

Thanks to all

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You are right , to a point. I tried it again today and it does go to the very
next day. Evidently it finds the day in the formula itself and not the
results of the formula. So instead of finding the next occurrence of Tuesday,
the formual result, it finds the very next entry. Of course every occurrence
of the formula has all seven days in the choose list

"JR Hester" wrote:

Excel XP on Win XP

I am using the following formula every 27th cell down a column to display
teh day of week.
=CHOOSE(WEEKDAY(B785),
"Sunday","Monday","Tuesday","Wednesday","Thursday" ,"Friday","Saturday")
The formula works great, problem is I want to be able to use the FIND
button/command to go to the next "Tuesday" qucikly. My find reports "No
MAtches Found". I presume this is because each cell contains a formula result
and not the actual TEXT "Tuesday". Is there a simply solution to my dilemmna?

Thanks to all

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jay Jay is offline

Hi

Instead of Look in Formulas, use look in Values. It works for me. Try it out
and let me know.

Thanks
Jay