GJR3599

Default hiding #DIV/0! message

how can I make a #DIV/0! message either dissappear, be blank, or appear as a
0.00 (or some other way of making it not look awful on a big spreadsheet)?
Bob Phillips

=IF(ISERROR(myformula),"",myformula)

or better still, there must be a cell that is dividing into something that
is 0, so test that cell

=IF(A1=0,"",B1/A1)

as an example.

--

HTH

RP

"GJR3599" wrote in message
how can I make a #DIV/0! message either dissappear, be blank, or appear as

0.00 (or some other way of making it not look awful on a big spreadsheet)?

TxShane

You can make use of the ISERROR function!

You formula would look something like this:

If(ISERROR(A2/B2)=TRUE, "", A2/B2)

So, you look to see if a cell value produces an error, if it does, it puts a
BLANK, otherwise, it carries out your calculation.

"GJR3599" wrote:

how can I make a #DIV/0! message either dissappear, be blank, or appear as a
0.00 (or some other way of making it not look awful on a big spreadsheet)?

Jason Morin

Make the font color the same as the background color (if
the cells do not have a background color, set the font to
white) and then custom format as:

[Black]General

HTH
Jason