Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default formula mixed text and values

I have a table of numbers from calculations in a chemical reaction. I would
like to make it so that I have a final dynamic cell where all the information
is given in text form with out entering it by hand. I would like the final
format to be something like (Pp.98)(Zz.53Tt.47).95Mm.02Nn.03

Where origonally Pp Zz Tt and Mn are in cells seperate from .98 .53 .95 .02
and .03

But I would like to make it so that when I recalculate one value the change
is displayed in the final format.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"tsunami" wrote in message
I have a table of numbers from calculations in a chemical reaction. I
would
like to make it so that I have a final dynamic cell where all the
information
is given in text form with out entering it by hand. I would like the
final
format to be something like (Pp.98)(Zz.53Tt.47).95Mm.02Nn.03

Where origonally Pp Zz Tt and Mn are in cells seperate from .98 .53 .95
.02
and .03

But I would like to make it so that when I recalculate one value the
change
is displayed in the final format.

You can use the & operator to concatenate data from multiple cells. Suppose
you had Pp in A1 and the result .98 in B1.
=A1&B1
would give you the result
Pp.98

To add a space between you insert " " like this:
=A1&" "&B1

To add an open bracket at the start:

and so on .....