Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default error in sum-ajit

I am summing the values in cells e5:ai5 but shocking to see that though I
change the values in this range the sum does not change? What's wrong? (Excel
97). Pl. help
--
Knowldege is Power
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It sounds like you have Calculation set to Manual.

Try this:

From the Excel Main Menu:
<tools<options<calculation tab
....Check: Automatic

Does that help?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"Ajit Munj" wrote in message
I am summing the values in cells e5:ai5 but shocking to see that though I
change the values in this range the sum does not change? What's wrong?
(Excel
97). Pl. help
--
Knowldege is Power

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Ajit Munj" wrote in message
I am summing the values in cells e5:ai5 but shocking to see that though I
change the values in this range the sum does not change? What's wrong?
(Excel
97). Pl. help
--
Knowldege is Power

Tools Options Calculation tab
Is Calculation set to manual? If so, choose automatic.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No. I checked the toolsoptionsCal Tab it is already set to automatic. after
opening the file, the sum changed only once or twice. But afte that it does
not change even the fig. in the range has been changed. Anything else going
wrong?
--
Knowldege is Power

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

It sounds like you have Calculation set to Manual.

Try this:

From the Excel Main Menu:

"Ajit Munj" wrote in message
I am summing the values in cells e5:ai5 but shocking to see that though I
change the values in this range the sum does not change? What's wrong?
(Excel
97). Pl. help
--
Knowldege is Power

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Dec 9, 9:27 pm, Ajit Munj wrote:
No. I checked the toolsoptionsCal Tab it is already set to automatic. after
opening the file, the sum changed only once or twice. But afte that it does
not change even the fig. in the range has been changed. Anything else going
wrong?

Did you execute any macros or user-defined functions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No, I donot run any macros or use-defined function. But yes, while saving
file, a message flashes saying "The file was created using later version of
MS Excel.If you save this file using MS Excel 97, information created with
features in the later version may be lost". Is this the reason?
--
Knowldege is Power