Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Elapsed Time formatting

I am a competitive runner and I want to use excel to track my workout data.
I want excel to recognize my mile times, etc. as elpased times, so that I can
add them together/average them and that kind of stuff. Is there any way that
I could enter something like 4:57, 5:03, 5:00 (examples of mile times in
min:sec) and have it return a cumulative time and an average time. I don't
want these times to get confused for times of day. Appreciate the help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"pasajescultura" wrote in message
I am a competitive runner and I want to use excel to track my workout data.
I want excel to recognize my mile times, etc. as elpased times, so that I
can
add them together/average them and that kind of stuff. Is there any way
that
I could enter something like 4:57, 5:03, 5:00 (examples of mile times in
min:sec) and have it return a cumulative time and an average time. I
don't
want these times to get confused for times of day. Appreciate the help!

Format your cells as [h]:mm and then use normal functions (SUM, AVERAGE,
etc.)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The OP wanted minutes and seconds, not hours and minutes, Stephen, so he
wants [m]:ss, not [h]:mm. And to put the data in, rather than typing in
4:57, he needs to use either 0:4:57 or 4:57.0
--
David Biddulph

"Stephen" <none wrote in message

Format your cells as [h]:mm and then use normal functions (SUM, AVERAGE,
etc.)

"pasajescultura" wrote in
message