Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Selective rows from one sheet to another

Hello All, I have two sheets - Sheet1 with a single ColumnA of 150
rows carrying random numbers and another sheet Sheet2 with 1000 rows
and multiple columns. Values in ColumnA on both sheets are same
(Sheet1 is a partial list carrying only few rows of Sheet2). I would
like to filter the rows in Sheet2 so that only rows of ColumnA value
from Sheet1 is seen on Sheet2.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Dec 6, 11:31 am, wrote:
Hello All, I have two sheets - Sheet1 with a single ColumnA of 150
rows carrying random numbers and another sheet Sheet2 with 1000 rows
and multiple columns. Values in ColumnA on both sheets are same
(Sheet1 is a partial list carrying only few rows of Sheet2). I would
like to filter the rows in Sheet2 so that only rows of ColumnA value
from Sheet1 is seen on Sheet2.

Sorry, clicked the send button bit too soon

If you can please share your thoughts as how this can be achieved,
would really appreciate it.

Thanks !
DK
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

dubbakor,

Do you NEED to filter sheet 2?

What if you were to lookup the extra columns from sheet 2 on sheet 1?

Assuming your data starts in A2 on both sheets (column lables are in row 1),
enter this formula in B2 on Sheet1:

=vlookup($A2,Sheet2!$A$2:$G$1000,column(),0)
(adjust Sheet2's table range depending on how many columns and rows you
have)

copy that formula down and over as needed.

HTH,

Conan

wrote in message
Hello All, I have two sheets - Sheet1 with a single ColumnA of 150
rows carrying random numbers and another sheet Sheet2 with 1000 rows
and multiple columns. Values in ColumnA on both sheets are same
(Sheet1 is a partial list carrying only few rows of Sheet2). I would
like to filter the rows in Sheet2 so that only rows of ColumnA value
from Sheet1 is seen on Sheet2.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Conan, thanks for the formula. The logic is exactly what I wanted, but
it brings the corresponding rows from only Column2 of Sheet2. I would
like to bring in all columns of corresponding rows.

Thanks again !
DK

wrote in message

Hello All, I have two sheets - Sheet1 with a single ColumnA of 150
rows carrying random numbers and another sheet Sheet2 with 1000 rows
and multiple columns. Values in ColumnA on both sheets are same
(Sheet1 is a partial list carrying only few rows of Sheet2). I would
like to filter the rows in Sheet2 so that only rows of ColumnA value
from Sheet1 is seen on Sheet2.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

DK,

Please copy your formula and paste it in a reply to this post.

Unless I did something wrong (quite likely =D), the part that reads
"column()" should be adjusting what column is returned when you copy this
formula over.

HTH,

Conan

wrote in message

Hello All, I have two sheets - Sheet1 with a single ColumnA of 150
rows carrying random numbers and another sheet Sheet2 with 1000 rows
and multiple columns. Values in ColumnA on both sheets are same
(Sheet1 is a partial list carrying only few rows of Sheet2). I would
like to filter the rows in Sheet2 so that only rows of ColumnA value
from Sheet1 is seen on Sheet2.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Conan, here it is:

=VLOOKUP($A2,Sheet2!$A$2:$BF$791,COLUMN(),0)

DK

wrote in message

Hello All, I have two sheets - Sheet1 with a single ColumnA of 150
rows carrying random numbers and another sheet Sheet2 with 1000 rows
and multiple columns. Values in ColumnA on both sheets are same
(Sheet1 is a partial list carrying only few rows of Sheet2). I would
like to filter the rows in Sheet2 so that only rows of ColumnA value
from Sheet1 is seen on Sheet2.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

DK,

This formula is on Sheet1 starting in B2, correct? Unless I'm missing
something, that formula should work.

So, when you copy this formula right into neighboring cells, it will not
return the next column over from the other sheet?

Is your calculation mode set to "Manual"? If so, hit [F9] to recalculate.

Nothing is jumping out at me as to what could be wrong. Maybe it'll come to
me.

Conan

wrote in message

Hello All, I have two sheets - Sheet1 with a single ColumnA of 150
rows carrying random numbers and another sheet Sheet2 with 1000 rows
and multiple columns. Values in ColumnA on both sheets are same
(Sheet1 is a partial list carrying only few rows of Sheet2). I would
like to filter the rows in Sheet2 so that only rows of ColumnA value
from Sheet1 is seen on Sheet2.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Conan, I apologize for my error !

Thanks for your help and it works perfectly fine now. I was not doing
formula to neighboring columns, but was doing only to the rows.

Thanks again,
DK.