Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sue Sue is offline

Default Exporting to a Calendar

Is there anyway to export an Excel spreadsheet directly into Outlook Calendar?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Open Outlook, File, Import and Export ..................................

Sue wrote:

Is there anyway to export an Excel spreadsheet directly into Outlook Calendar?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sue Sue is offline

I mean this: if you have a spreadsheet that has dates in cell blocks - can
you import those dates into Outlook Calendar and have them show up on the
actual dates?

Sue wrote:

Is there anyway to export an Excel spreadsheet directly into Outlook Calendar?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If they are configured properly. I suggest you Open Outlook, and Export
your calendar to Excel file. Now Open the file in excel and look at what
is there. If you want Outlook to not "choke" on the file you will need
to use formats it understands. Excel doesn't "export" Outlook files,
Outlook Imports Excel or other data files. So paste in or configure your
Excel spreadsheet to conform to the Exported calendar layout and you
have it.

Sue wrote:

Is there anyway to export an Excel spreadsheet directly into Outlook Calendar?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sue,

What do you mean by "dates in cell blocks" in XL? When you say "date" do
you mean "appointment" or some other event that falls on a specific date?
Is you XL spreadsheet set up to look like a calendar for printing out?

Conan

Sue wrote:

Is there anyway to export an Excel spreadsheet directly into Outlook
Calendar?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sue Sue is offline

Conan - no, actually it's just a spreadsheet with dates in one column, then
the actual event in another column - I'm assuming from what "Bob" says, I
need to create an exact duplicate of how my Oulook Calendar exported to excel
with my new spreadsheet - then, add my new spreadsheet to my Outlook Calendar
spreadsheet, - then, import it back into Outlook....

Sue wrote:

Is there anyway to export an Excel spreadsheet directly into Outlook
Calendar?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sue,

It has been along time since I've done this, and I've only done it once, but
I don't think you need to combine the 2 together. All I think you need to
do is set up the XL sheet (that you want to import) the exact same way as
the one OL exported (same columns, same names, same order.......in fact,
just copy the column labels from OL export and paste into the one you want
to import.

HTH,

Conan

Sue wrote:

Is there anyway to export an Excel spreadsheet directly into Outlook
Calendar?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc